Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Honda CRF 450 Crash

Here is a video I made while I was practicing for Round 8 of the Arkansas Hare Scramble Championship Series 2009. This was going to be my second race of the year. My first race I got fifth place and had the fastest lap time. I had only been riding dirt bikes for a bout 1 year before this happened. I had just got this bike and it was only my second time out on it. I'm not new to the world of motorcycles. I got my first dirt bike when I was about 7 years old and did not stop riding until I was 18. I started riding street sport bikes at that point and still do. I have always told people to take it easy for the first 3 months because you need to use that time to get to know the bike. This was the first time I had been on a MX track in about 15 years so it was like learning how to walk again. I have been in allot of crashes but this one was off the charts. I was riding so smooth just before the crash I don't know why I went down so hard. All I can come up with is I was just going a tad bit to fast witch made the bike nose dive sending me over the bars. I broke both my wrists, thumb in 2 places and a clavicle. The other guy in the video is my fried Jonathan and he's on his 1992 Honda CR250.


1 comment: